|By Yeshim Deniz||
|July 14, 2009 12:00 AM EDT||
Although activity declined across the board, the hardest hit segment by far was News Media. Transaction volume in that segment fell by 70% from 68 deals in the 1st half of 2008 to 22 deals in the same period of 2009.
It should be noted that while enterprise value multiples appear to have declined dramatically in the 1st Half of 2009, this is largely attributable to sales of distressed properties taking an increased share of activity. Removing this class of transactions from the picture reveals considerably improved multiples, suggesting that sales of healthy companies continue to command healthy multiples.
To read the free four page report Click Here.
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Will Ulitzer Dominate News Content on The Web? -Gartner
- High-Tech Public Relations and Alan Zeichick - Analyze This!
- Drupal Content Management Platform Has Been Chosen By Ulitzer
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Ulitzer to Give Drupal 6.0 Its Biggest Scalability Challenge Yet
- Ulitzer Is Looking to Hire the Best Enterprise Software Architect Alive!
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, Ulitzer, MeettheBoss - Execs Go Online Big-Time