|By John Funnell||
|April 1, 2010 06:15 PM EDT||
I am fortunate enough to be able to commentate at such a reach owing to my unique position as Marketing and Communication Director for a global leader in executive communications.
My Position allows me to oversee departments from brand management to email marketing, to dealing with senior Media partners such as Thomson Reuters and WSJ. But the most fun and challenging part of my job is running the PR team.
Traditional PR still remains the most cost effective way to get my companies messages out, working with editors across the world supplying them with valuable content is a privilege.
However! One of my team (For the purpose of this piece we shall call him ‘Dan the Mexican’) has had recent success getting our content on Sky News, Reuters, Bloomerg and the New York Times this week, causing millions of people to read about our brand.
I put this down to his work ethic, a great story and phone work all leading him to build a great relationship with Media Agencies.
(This is a great article that discusses the benefits of such skills further. - The Importance of Press Outreach by Phone)
Unfortunately ‘Dan the Mexican’ (Pictured) has just left to go on holiday for two weeks in Thailand. This has left a deep void in the team and has caused me to rethink my strategy for the next two weeks.
Sat lonely in my office, I remembered about a website that did everything that ‘Dan the Mexican’ could do and more, a site that pushed our message out to a bespoke and targeted audience, a site that supplied me with just as valuable information as ‘Dan the Mexican’ would give me during a working day and more importantly Ulitzer does not go on holiday for two weeks to Thailand.
Ulitzer 1 : 0 Dan the Mexican
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Will Ulitzer Dominate News Content on The Web? -Gartner
- High-Tech Public Relations and Alan Zeichick - Analyze This!
- Drupal Content Management Platform Has Been Chosen By Ulitzer
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Ulitzer to Give Drupal 6.0 Its Biggest Scalability Challenge Yet
- Ulitzer Is Looking to Hire the Best Enterprise Software Architect Alive!
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, Ulitzer, MeettheBoss - Execs Go Online Big-Time