|By Pat Romanski||
|July 7, 2010 07:00 AM EDT||
On Wednesday GlobalSCAPE, Inc. announced immediate availability of GlobalSCAPE Managed Information Xchange. The new cloud-based managed file transfer (MFT) service integrates GlobalSCAPE’s market-leading Enhanced File Transfer Server (EFT Server) solution with proven infrastructure from Rackspace Hosting.
The GlobalSCAPE Managed Information Xchange service is the initial solution available as part of the new GlobalSCAPE Managed Solutions suite resulting from the partnership with Rackspace announced last month. Through this unique offering, GlobalSCAPE will deliver a hosted MFT solution that enables cost effective, secure exchange of business-to-business data, including large files and sensitive data. The new tiered service will allow customers to outsource all or part of their complex and demanding information exchange needs to reduce costs, improve operational efficiencies, track and audit transactions, and provide a greater level of security. Available solution tiers range from trial and proof-of-concept implementations to enterprise-scale managed services.
“As organizations adopt cloud computing, they demand solutions that offer comprehensive security capabilities for exchanging important data and confidential files,” said Thomas Skybakmoen, senior research analyst with Gartner, Inc. “In addition to security, they look to take advantage of cloud efficiencies, offered by technology leaders in managed file transfer.”
GlobalSCAPE Managed Information Xchange will appeal to small- and medium-size businesses, as well as large enterprises seeking an alternative to on-premise MFT solution implementations. “Customers and prospects have validated the market need for a hosted and managed MFT solution that complements our on-premises solutions,” said Bill Buie, executive vice president of sales at GlobalSCAPE. “Our partnership with Rackspace allows us to present such companies with a compelling value proposition: Industry-leading MFT capabilities delivered securely through a scalable, cloud-based infrastructure with much-reduced capital outlays and predictable monthly expenses.”
Key benefits and features of the new GlobalSCAPE Managed Information Xchange offering include:
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Will Ulitzer Dominate News Content on The Web? -Gartner
- High-Tech Public Relations and Alan Zeichick - Analyze This!
- Drupal Content Management Platform Has Been Chosen By Ulitzer
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Ulitzer to Give Drupal 6.0 Its Biggest Scalability Challenge Yet
- Ulitzer Is Looking to Hire the Best Enterprise Software Architect Alive!
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, Ulitzer, MeettheBoss - Execs Go Online Big-Time