|By Marketwired .||
|March 31, 2008 04:32 PM EDT||
TROY, MI -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 03/31/08 -- Who would have thought that a day of pampering yourself with a manicure and a pedicure could help children suffering from cancer? Queen for a Day (QFAD) and Heroes, a non-profit organization designed to raise the self-esteem and the self-confidence of children coping with cancer, has made that possible. QFAD/Heroes is sponsoring a special day, Beauty Bash V, at the Excel Academies of Cosmetology in Troy on Tuesday, April 15 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
A donation of $35 will buy you a combination of any two services. Participants can choose from a custom facial, paraffin dip, conditioning treatment, manicure, pedicure, make-up application or a hairstyle. Donors will have an opportunity to take part in a silent auction featuring items donated by local businesses, including a romantic overnight stay at the Townsend Hotel in Downtown Birmingham, autographed items from Detroit sports teams, Freedom Hill tickets, Detroit Symphony Orchestra tickets, plus much more.
Guests can bring their unwanted gold and sell it to a gold broker. An offer will be made and if the guest chooses to accept, they will receive money on the spot. Guests do not need to use the salon services to participate with this or the silent auction. Other activities will include mini-massages, henna tattoos, a free raffle and light refreshments. Call (248) 828-9972 to book your appointment. Excel Academies of Cosmetology in Troy is located on Rochester Road, south of M-59. All proceeds will benefit the Metro Detroit Chapter of Queen for a Day and Heroes.
QFAD/Heroes hosts hospital and private visits at William Beaumont Hospital, Children's Hospital of Michigan, U of M/Mott's Children's Hospital, St. Johns Hospital-Van Eslander, Cancer Center; events at Gilda's Club; and various special needs camps throughout Michigan.
Established in 2000 by former Miss Teen USA All American Jenna Edwards, QFAD now operates internationally in 19 cities, including a chapter in South Africa. Since its inception in October 2002, the Metro Detroit chapter has visited over 500 children. For more information, visit www.detroitqfad.com or www.heroes-michigan.com.
Phone: (586) 752-6381
Web site: www.detroitqfad.com
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Will Ulitzer Dominate News Content on The Web? -Gartner
- High-Tech Public Relations and Alan Zeichick - Analyze This!
- Drupal Content Management Platform Has Been Chosen By Ulitzer
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Ulitzer to Give Drupal 6.0 Its Biggest Scalability Challenge Yet
- Ulitzer Is Looking to Hire the Best Enterprise Software Architect Alive!
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, Ulitzer, MeettheBoss - Execs Go Online Big-Time