|By Salvatore Genovese||
|October 17, 2008 09:00 PM EDT||
Today, Matt Asay, general manager of the Americas and vice president of business development at Alfresco, in his CNET blog, writes: “The single biggest distributor of Drupal just might be Microsoft. As I discovered from Dries Buytaert's blog yesterday, Microsoft's Web Application Installer comes with out-of-the-box support for Drupal, OScommerce, and other popular open-source web applications.”
This Google alert for Drupal passed by my screen just as I was about to announce that the SYS-CON Media website, recently relaunched, was completely rewritten and deployed “under the hood” on Drupal.
Also coming up before the end of this year is Ulitzer, the largest Drupal deployment anywhere.
Ulitzer is being built on Drupal with more than two million nodes, including more than 6,000 author home pages leading to over a million original articles. Page views of Ulitzer following its launch are predicted to be 3-5 million per month.
As I have written before, Ulitzer will most likely be one of the biggest scalability challenges for Drupal yet.
|Mohsin Khawaja 02/18/09 05:23:00 AM EST|
WOW ! it's great, Drupal is getting more and more recognition, I have recently launched two test sites on Drupal but I was not aware that Drupal has this huge acceptance from the IT Community.
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Will Ulitzer Dominate News Content on The Web? -Gartner
- High-Tech Public Relations and Alan Zeichick - Analyze This!
- Drupal Content Management Platform Has Been Chosen By Ulitzer
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Ulitzer to Give Drupal 6.0 Its Biggest Scalability Challenge Yet
- Ulitzer Is Looking to Hire the Best Enterprise Software Architect Alive!
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, Ulitzer, MeettheBoss - Execs Go Online Big-Time