|By Java News Desk||
|February 12, 2009 06:00 PM EST||
Sun Microsystems announced the availability of the JavaFX Mobile platform, enabling the Java wireless ecosystem to create expressive solutions, which leverage the power and ubiquity of the Java Platform Micro Edition (Java ME). The JavaFX Mobile platform delivers rich content and services across a range of mobile devices - from mass market feature phones to smart phones. Sun also announced that several leading handset manufacturers, service providers and ISVs are working with Sun to ship JavaFX Mobile handsets.
The Java platform is supported by global mobile operators and device manufacturers, is available on more than 2.6 billion mobile phones and is supported by 6.5 million software developers. Built on top of a consistent Java ME platform implementation, JavaFX Mobile allows companies to create immersive mobile content, while leveraging their existing investment in the Java platform. Developers can use JavaFX Mobile to easily extend their current Java ME mobile applications, games and solutions with features and functionality. In addition, developers using JavaFX technology have access to Java ME's security model and phone specific capabilities, such as address book, Bluetooth, camera, location services, etc.
The JavaFX platform provides a unified development and deployment model for building expressive RIAs across desktop, browser and mobile. JavaFX delivers high fidelity audio and video, rich text, vector graphics, animation and web services for mobile and desktop applications via a simple but powerful scripting language.
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Will Ulitzer Dominate News Content on The Web? -Gartner
- High-Tech Public Relations and Alan Zeichick - Analyze This!
- Drupal Content Management Platform Has Been Chosen By Ulitzer
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Ulitzer to Give Drupal 6.0 Its Biggest Scalability Challenge Yet
- Ulitzer Is Looking to Hire the Best Enterprise Software Architect Alive!
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, Ulitzer, MeettheBoss - Execs Go Online Big-Time